Pazartesi, Mayıs 09, 2011

So I Gave It a Try

"And then the past recedes,
And I won't be involved.
The effort to be free seems pointless from above.
You're looking down at me, I'd rather stay below than have you staring up at me,
There's nowhere I want to go.
This business of how long we try to stay alive
Why, to be here you first got to die, so I gave it a try
And what do you know? Time was so long ago
And things come back you see, to where they don't belong
And every drop of sea is the whole ocean.
I lied to the greatest thieves about anything and everything
I'm a figure of forgotten speech, I'm out of reach.
I can't play it safe, but I might just in case.
I'm disguised as a reaching hand, I'm a working man
I don't understand why clockout comes so slow everytime
And that's one line I stay right behind." (*)


Öğlenden beri sürekli bunu dinledim, dinledim de dinledim. Sözlerine bayılıyorum. Gerçekten de ölüp geri gelmiş bir tanıdığım bana "dur bakalım bak, sana önce anlatacağım iki üç bir şeyler var" diyormuş gibi.

"There's nowhere I want to go."

(*) Past Recedes

Hiç yorum yok: