Cumartesi, Mayıs 07, 2011

The Night's Drawing Closer

-Hello there.
-Hi.
-May I?
-Why not?
(boring, old fashioned good to meet you dialogues)
-You're alone this time?
-Yeah, so what?
-Nothing, it's just that you don't usually come here, alone.
-I wanted it this way tonight. And by the way, what do you mean by "usually"?
-Don't you come here and sit in the same place almost every night?
-So what?
-I know very few guys who does that.
-You don't know me.
-You're right, I don't. But it's kinda cool. You walk in, say hello to the bartender, your drink sweeps into your hands and you order for your friends later on and all that stuff.
-So what? I'm just a regular in a bar which was quite a nice place to hang out before this whole karaoke and reggae shit started.
-Yeah and you still hang out here.
-You're quite the observer, aren't you?
-Haha.
-Haha to you, too.
-Lonely, sarcastic, half-drunk, I liked you.
-The pleasure is mine.
-So what's your story?
-I don't know, what's yours?
-Let's say, I'm a regular,too. Out of boredom.
-Let's say I am,too.
-A bad liar you are.
-Oh, you got me there. Can't say I'm not bored,though.
-I can tell as much.
-What else can you tell, lady observer?
-You are weighed on your shoulders, you're trying to get drunk most of the time you're here. But not to forget anything, more like you want to remember all the time. Or you have fun with your friends; drinking yourselves to the borders of madness, like you all are running from the reality of the life. But you look kinda different; weighed on the shoulders as I said. Got lots of stuff running in your mind; kinda pitying yourself, in a good way. The look on your face says "the devil may care", but no, you care, actually. Care more than you have to. Like there are things only you can bare or endure to take. And you take them head on, without hesitation.
-Whoa, stop.
-Why?
-I want to drink to that.
-Cheers.
-Cheers.
-So, by the look on your face, I can tell I'm right.
-Let's say, you are. What difference does it make?
-Nothing, it's just nice to know you. And I can tell that you are better at this than me. You look like someone who can see through the skin, touch a soul.
-I touched a hot metal this morning in the workshop, my hand still hurts.
-Hmm, still sarcastic huh?
-Any reason not to be?
-No, not actually. This attitude turns me on.
-Are you trying to seduce me?
-Any reason not to?
-Yeah, millions of reasons.
-I can see that.
-A word of advice.
-What?
-Do not do this.
-Wow, I'm scared.
-You should be.
-Haha.
-It's not that I don't like the way you're trying to seduce me, being a wise-ass and all these things. And actually, it's been a far too long time since someone tried to do that. It's not that I don't find you attractive, too. Just don't. It will bore you out.
-I know that already.
-What?
-I can see that you are impenetrable. Like a stone wall. Your defences can't be breached. But those defences aren't made by you. Someone else made them for you. Or you two built them together. Now you're hiding behind them, and you kinda enjoy it. Like waiting for something nice, something that will hold you, save you, cheer you, whatever it is. And you enjoy the waiting.
-I'll drink to that. You gave me reasons to drink, thank you.
-I respect what you are doing actually. You're not like other guys I know.
-You don't know me.
-Oh I guess I do Mr. Cenk.
-Whatever you say woman.
-But this doesn't mean that I'm not trying to seduce you any more.
-What do you expect? Having sex? Or talk each other to eternal boredom until the morning light?
-Guess you're good at both of them?
-Even better at the latter one.
-Haha.
-Tell you again; stay away. It was nice chit chat and nice to know you but this is all I can do.
-Maybe you're right.
-Maybe.
-I envy her.
-Who?
-The woman which resides there. She makes me feel like I'm nothing compared to her, even though I do not know her personally.
-Don't be so hard on yourself.
-Want me to buy you a drink, at least?
-No, as a gentleman, let me handle that.
(waves at the bartender and asks for two drinks)
-After this one, I'll go.
-Where?
-Wouldn't you want to know?
-This is a very small city you know, I could find it out if I wanted to.
-Now you are a stalker, huh? I guess we did solve that issue.
-No, you got me wrong. Just wanted to know If you're going to continue the night some place else.
-No, I'm going to sleep, seriously.
-That's a lie, I can see as much. You're going to spend time by your computer or your cell phone till you're dosed.
-Now that you mention it, why not?
-I've been where you are now.
-No, you've never been there. No one has ever been there.
-Whatever you say.
-Whatever I say.
-Anyway, it was nice knowing you.
-Yeah, you too. Take care of yourself, watch out for men with cruel intentions.
-You can see that I watch out, I've come and spoke to you.
-Wise-ass.
-I'll take it as a compliment.
-However you like, good night.
-Good night.


The place was known as Road House, before they turned it into some shit. But I still go there, you know habits don't change. And I meet people from time to time, I even have great friends which I met in the bar's toilet. Let my get my pants on, the night's drawing closer.

Hiç yorum yok: